Sunday, December 1, 2013

Elf on a Ledge



That's me. I'm on a ledge! I'm super excited to do the Christmas Elf again this year. I got so many compliments on my little details last year that I developed the Christmas Elf Prep & Idea Kits for everyone. (https://www.etsy.com/listing/170418293/elfs-choice-christmas-elf-prep-idea-kit & https://www.etsy.com/listing/170413526/santas-choice-christmas-elf-prep-idea

I got a bunch of feedback from friends who have done the elf thing and got lots of support for doing it. Everyone agreed it was spot on and priced perfectly!

Well guess what... Nobody else seems to think so! I've sold one of them. One. We have 2k fans! Talk about a flop!

So what did I do wrong? I just don't know. Maybe you can provide me some feedback. Maybe. If you want to. 

So after spending dozens of hours making it perfect and listing it for sale, it's now November 30th. North Pole Breakfast & Our Elf, Jovie, are scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am soooooooo unprepared! I have no groceries to make a breakfast. And I went to the store! But I didn't buy anything for the North Pole breakfast! Sheesh. 


Well let's make do with what we've got, right?!?! And I've got the decorations covered. After all I spent dozens of hours for nothing. Someone may as well use it!

Guess who's printer runs out of ink at midnight?!?! THIS GIRL!! I got a few things printed. Enough to get started. Let's do this!

Table covered in wrapping paper? Check!
Elf out of storage? Check!
Paper cutting supplies? Check!
Just a few holes from being ready to assemble... The freaking hole punch breaks! Like it's not even repairable!! JUNK IT!


So I sit here laughing at my failure wanting nothing more than to go to bed and try again tomorrow. 

But then I remember... My daughter doesn't care if it's not perfectly hole punched. She doesn't care that it isn't magazine ready! All that matters is the joy of Christmas and the fun that can be created with practically nothing. 

Meh. It is what it is. And all will be ok!

So since I can barely give these things away, we are sponsoring Day 1 of Star Light Creations's 25 Days of Christmas giveaway. Where you can WIN A FREE COPY of the Elf's Choice Prep & Idea Kit... Just in case you want one!

Link to the Star Light Creations Facebook page:

So even if you aren't following along with Pretty Little Parties or even using our kit, please follow us on Instagram (prettylittlepartieslv). You can see my disaster unfold as I go! And I'd love to see your Elf Hijinks as well!! Tag any photos you would like to share with #PLPelfhyjinks 


Happy Elfing & Merry Christmas!
-Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment